Hi ladies and gents … hope you are all having a fantastic week!
I figured since my current relationship started online, I would write about some of the precautions that I took in order to protect myself. It’s no surprise that online dating has become the new norm, dating websites have changed the way couples meet. In today’s world, there’s a wide variety of sites and apps such as OkCupid, eHarmony, Tinder etc. all you have to do is find one that suitable for you, some are free and some are not. Although online dating has many benefits but also some disadvantages. Interacting with strangers through apps can put you at risk for identity theft, online harassment, and theft. And if you decide to meet up in the real world, there’s unfortunately also a chance you could find yourself in physical danger. I had a great experience with it and if you are the kind of person who wants to take that route, I just gotta say don’t be afraid to take the risks, just do it the right way. Do your research and take your time. Best of luck to you.
Here are some rules that I followed:
- Find a well-known site/ app: I chose OKcupid because its free to join and I also did a lot of research and found a lot of positive feedbacks and testimonies.
- Avoid putting a lot of information on your profile: I only put the basics on my profile, nothing too personal.
- Use the dating app messaging system: I did not give away my phone number right away, I was using the app message system until I was comfortable enough.
- Ask lots of questions: I asked a lot of questions just to avoid wasting my time
- Meet up: When I decided that it was time to meet up, I chose a location that I was familiar with, in a public place. I arranged my own transportation and I also shared my location with a close friend of mine, along with his picture and full name lol.